Online International Chinese Teacher Training Program
Program Units: 120
If you want to Teach Chinese as a Foreign Language (TCFL) in your country, China's prestigious Beijing Language and Cultural University invites you to advance your career in the world's first Online International Chinese Teacher Training Program (ICTP).
The ICTP provides comprehensive teaching expertise:
- History of Chinese language development, Chinese, dialects, characters, phonetics, syntax, and grammar.
- TCFL concepts and strategies including teaching theory and methodology, testing and evaluation.
- Characteristics of the Chinese capability system and methods for speaking, writing, listening, and reading.
- Survey and basic elements of TCFL classroom organization and management, classroom teaching strategy, classroom organization and management in U.S. and Europe, students' classroom behaviors and habits cultivation.
- Application of modern education technologies in TCFL, including multimedia Chinese course design, online teaching system and frequently-used software usage, online teaching resource search and application.
ICTP Package A: Language Elements Courses
The introductory module includes the structure for teaching Chinese internationally, the history of teaching Chinese, teaching theory, teaching approaches, pedagogy, overall lesson planning, choice of teaching materials, and basic theories of testing and assessment. The other four modules relate to the key factors of language distinguished by systematically teaching Chinese pronunciation, vocabulary, grammar, Chinese character theory and basic knowledge. In addition, utilizing many examples, different teaching principles and methods used in the teaching of different languages are introduced, as well as teaching techniques and special tips. The differences and difficulties faced by students of different nationalities are introduced as are the different methods and appropriate approach. These modules will assist new teachers or non-teachers wishing to follow a career in teaching Chinese as a foreign language to understand the foundations of the Chinese language and to master the basic teaching methods and techniques.
ICTP Package B: Comprehensive Skills Courses
Through a large number of lectures and case study materials, these modules give instruction about the principles, methods and skills for teaching listening, speaking, reading and writing Chinese; the basic principles regarding Chinese classroom activity design are introduced together with popular teaching activities and games, as well as teaching design methods and the creation of teaching plans; the basic principles and approaches to classroom organization and management as well as the related techniques are also covered together with a basic knowledge and principles of Chinese culture and Intercultural communication and their relationship with the teaching of Chinese. How to obtain, process, produce and use modern educational technologies in the teaching of Chinese language and how to use digital Chinese teaching resources to enhance the efficiency and outcomes of the teaching are addressed together with how to effect distance education etc. These modules will support in establishing a foundation of knowledge in this discipline, they will provide teaching experiences, and we believe will improve the quality of Chinese language teachers and others interested in gaining these skills.
Request more information
Online International Chinese Teacher Training Program (ICTP)
Why Choose BLCU Online?
- In TCFL, BLCU has the longest history, the largest size and the best-qualified faculty.
- BLCU has trained 150,000 foreign students from 176 countries in Chinese language and culture.
- With cooperative relationships in over 280 universities and educational institutions in 50 countries, BLCU is often called the "Little United Nations".
- Nearly all of the highest rated TCFL professors and authors in China are part of the BLCU faculty.